May God’s peace and love surround you and your families during these days of fear, anxiety, and uncertainty. As we have been asked to no longer gather in person, I was inspired by the words of Saguaro Christian Church pastor Rev. Owen Chandler in the face of all the changes: “WE WILL STILL BE CHURCH!” Towards that end, we have created a new page on our site that will outline some of the ways that we will still be church. The webpage includes:
- Modes of Regional Support
- Plans for Regional Events
- Advice for On-line Giving for your Local Congregation
- Links to all Arizona Disciples websites/Facebook pages so you can worship and pray with each other
- Helpful links from our national Disciples partnerships
I invite you to contact me with any needs, with information about creative and wonderful things you are doing, or just to keep in touch. We are all making this up as we go, as none of us had a seminary course entitled “how to lead the church during a pandemic.” But we know that God is faithful, that God loves us always, and that where two or three are gathered, even on a phone call or in a chatroom, Christ is in the midst of us.
May God’s blessings uplift you now and always,