Resources for Ministers
Annual Ministerial Standing Forms
Forms are due no later than January 31st each year.
Forms are available in a printable paper form (in English and Español) as well as shorter online form (in English only).
Commissioned Ministers: You must have your ministry supervisor (or board in cases where you are the senior or solo minister) send a letter of evaluation/recommendation on your behalf prior to January 31st. You will be notified of your next Commission on Ministry interview.
- Printable Paper Form: English | Español
- Online Form (English only)
Continuing Education Opportunities
The Christian Church in Arizona recognizes the importance of a ministers continued engagement in educational opportunities and personal development. Thus, active Arizona Ministers with Standing are required to complete at least 10 hours of continuing education each year to maintain their standing. While it is the responsibility of each minister to ensure they find opportunities and complete at least 10 hours we are providing the list below of possible opportunities to help aid ministers.
2020 Continuing Education Opportunities
- 27 (online) – Social Distancing, Not Social Isolation: A Family Systems Perspective (offered by the Lombarb Mennonite Peace Center)
- 11 or 16 (online) – Social Distancing, Not Social Isolation: A Family Systems Perspective (offered by the Lombarb Mennonite Peace Center)
- 22-24 (online) – Called Beyond Conflict: Your Church As Healing Witness in the World (offered by School for Ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin
Policies that govern the ordering of ministry in the Arizona Region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) are primarily
- the “Theological Foundations and Policies and Criteria for Ministry (en Español)” established by the General Commission on Ministry (GCOM) and
- the “Policies and Criteria for the Ordering of Ministry (en Español)” established by the Arizona Regional Commission on Ministry.
Arizona Disciples ministers with standing in Arizona are encouraged to be familiar with both documents.
It is expected that all Arizona Disciples Ministers with Standing conduct themselves within the ethics outlines in the following documents.
Visit Disciples Mission Fund anytime for more information about Special Offerings or additional resources.
- Week of Compassion is the relief, refugee, and development fund of the church.
- Easter Offering supports the General Ministries of the church. General Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) support our denomination through ministries like the National Benevolent Association, Disciples Women, Disciples Home Missions, Central Pastoral Office for Hispanic Ministries, and many more. Additionally they support the Office of the General Minister and President which helps administer our denomination.
- Pentecost Offering supports Disciples new church development. Planning, nurturing and sustaining new congregation is part of the Disciples’ vision. Half of this offering is received by New Church Ministry to support the recruitment, assessment, training and coaching of new church leaders at events like Leadership Academy. The other half comes back to support New Church Development right here in Arizona!
- Reconciliation Ministry leads the pro-reconciliation/anti-racism work of the Church. One half of this offering goes to the General Reconciliation Ministry administered by the Reconciliation Ministry Commission made up of volunteers from around our church body. The other half comes back to support Reconciliation right here in Arizona!
- Thanksgiving Offering benefits the Colleges, Universities, Seminaries, and Divinity Houses affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Christmas Offering offering supports the ministries of our Region. Find Arizona regional materials here.Your generous gifts make a difference in our shared ministries throughout the Region. Contact the Regional Office for more information. Additional Christmas Offering materials are available at Disciples Mission Fund.