1.) Have a Camp Takeover in Worship!
– Invite your kids/youth/young adults/adults who are recent participants in camp to share a brief story about how camp has impacted them. If you don’t have any recent camp participants, then you can:
– Invite the Regional Youth and Children’s Minister and some Youth Leadership Team members to come and talk to your church about camp!
– Replace all your hymns with camp songs (they are all worship songs anyways!)
2.) Sponsor a Camper (or 100)!
– Many youth and children come to camp on some sort of scholarship, either from their church or from the region. These funds rely on the donations of awesome people and awesome churches!
– You can sponsor a child on your own, or you can go in as a group with a Sunday School class, small group, or a whole church!
– Loose change offering, after church meals or fellowship times,
3.) Send a Child or Youth
– It is hard to believe that many of our youth and children have still never been to camp. Camp has many benefits to our young people: self-confidence boost, a sense of independence, strengthened faith, new friends, and a community that is full of love and support.
4.) Donate to Camp!
– Outside of scholarships, camp needs funds for crafts, activities, snacks, first-aid supplies, just to name a few things! It doesn’t sound as cool as “Sponsor a Camper,” but it is very important to the ministry of camp! If you would like to donate money to help out behind the scenes please consider a donation to camp. Visit our Youth and Children’s Ministry page
to make a donation.
5.) Pray for Camp
– Our camp needs prayer! Especially in this year of transition, camp needs prayer!
– The youth and children need prayers for safety and fun!
– The adults need prayers for SANITY! And also for safety and fun!
If you would like help with any of these things, please reach out to me, the Regional Youth and Children’s Minister, Rev. Jay Deskins (email@example.com
). I am so excited about the future of our camp ministry, but camp needs YOU!
Rev. Jay Deskins, Regional Youth and Children’s Minister